What are the rules and regulations for trash pick up?
- Trash pickup days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week.
- Trash must be out by 6:00am on your designated trash day, 2 feet from the curb with the lid opening toward the street.
- Three additional bags may be left with your trash cart if the cart is full, providing you have a 95 gallon cart. Place the extra bags on top of the cart instead of beside the cart. No extra bags are allowed with the 65 gallon cart.
- If for some reason your trash is not picked up, please call Waste Connections at 316-838-4920.
- The only three holidays on which Waste Connections will not run pick up routes are Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. On those days, and the days after, they will be running one day late (they work on Saturdays those weeks). They operate as usual on all other holidays.
- Special pickup items include:
- Construction waste
- Limbs larger than 1.5” in diameter and longer than 4’ (must be bundled and tied)
Pickup for these items must be scheduled at least three days in advance. If the pickup is not scheduled and the items are left at the curb, they will be left until arrangements are made. To schedule an item for a special pickup call 316-838-4920 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and be prepared to give a description of the object including approximate size and weight. At this time, the customer will be quoted a charge for the special pickup.
- Batteries, Tires, Motor Oil and Hazardous Materials will not be picked up with trash service.
- Batteries and Motor Oil can be picked up through the recycling program.
- Tires can be taken to:
- B&B Used Tires 316-838-3333
- David’s Tire and Automotive 316-838-1666
- Southwest Tire Recycling 316-942-2525
- For hazardous materials contact Hazardous Waste at 316-660-7464 for drop off locations.