- Water Department
Establishing New Service
For new service, please complete the Water and Trash Residential Service Form (PDF) and pay a $50 non-refundable water connection/application fee. All of these items must be received before water will be serviced.
For more information on utility billing please read the Bel Aire Welcome Packet.
Bill Due Dates
Utility bills are due the 10th of each month, all payments received after the due date will be assessed a penalty of 5% of the balance due. If the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday, utility bills will be due by 8am the first business day following the 10th to avoid late fees.
Disconnections & Cancellations
There is a $50.00 charge to disconnect/reconnect service due to non-payment. Payment arrangements must be made and signed 24 hours prior to disconnect day or services will be disconnected.
To cancel service, fill out the disconnect form with the day you want service to end and a forwarding address. To update your information on your account, please fill out the account update form.
For More Information
Contact the Utility Department by phone at 316-744-2451 ext. 132.
Residential water base rate is $33.21
- 0 - 2,999 gallons: $4.10 per thousand gallons
- 3,000 - 5,999 gallons: $5.60 per thousand gallons
- 6000 - 11,999 gallons: $6.11 per thousand gallons
- 12,000 - 16,999 gallons: $6.27 per thousand gallons
- 17,000 - 24,999 gallons: $6.43 per thousand gallons
- 25,000 gallons and over: $6.49 per thousand gallons
Utility Office - City Hall
7651 E Central Park Avenue
Bel Aire, KS 67226
Phone: 316-744-2451 ext. 132Emergency Phone: 316-761-6972 or 316-761-6973
Residential sewer base rate is $38.12, volume base rate $6.90 per thousand gallons.
Sewer rates are re-calculated annually in April based on the Winter Average Consumption (WAC). The WAC is the average of each homeowner's water usage during December, January, and February. Until a Winter Average can be calculated, monthly sewer charges will fluctuate, based on your monthly water usage up to 5,000 gallons.
Sewer Contact & Emergency Phone Numbers
Call the City Utility Office at 316-744-2451. If it is after hours or weekend emergency, please call Public Works Department at 316-761-6972 or 316-761-6973.
Stormwater Management FeeThis fee go towards maintaining and replacing stormwater items in the City such as:
- culverts - pipes used to allow water to flow under a road, railroad, etc.
- curbs - directs excess rain and ground water to designated drains
- storm drains - drains excess rain and ground water from streets, parking lots, sidewalks, etc.