Trash & Recycling
As a convenience to our residents, the City has a contract agreement with Waste Connections as the preferred waste management provider that allows you to have trash included on your water bill (this option will be available when signing up for new water service). Although, residents are allowed to choose any trash provider for their trash removal services.
Visit Waste Connection's website to view your pick-up schedule or sign up for reminders. Download the Waste Connection's app in the app store.
Waste Connections Rates
- 95 gallon trash - $13.23 per cart per month (This is the standard size with up to 3 extra bags allowed outside of cart)
Trash Carts & You
- Both carts need to be set out by 6 a.m. on your service day.
- The cart will need to be placed within 2 feet of the curb (unless you have made other arrangements with Waste Connections) and cannot be placed near cars, telephone poles, mailboxes, trees, or anything that might get in the way of service, including your recycle cart.
- Please place your recycle cart within 3 feet of the curb and 2 feet away from your trash cart, so the driver has quick access to the cart.
- Please fill your cart completely before placing bags outside of the container, and do not use straps or tie lids down.
There is a mandatory $4.18 City-wide recycling charge that is on your utility bill regardless of which trash provider you choose or if you recycle or not. Recycling requires no sorting or bagging. All recyclable items can be thrown into the designated recycle cart and picked up every other week same day as your trash.
For More Information
Contact the Utility Billing department at 316-744-2451, ext. 132 or by email to request a recycle cart or for billing questions. Any concerns or issues, such as missed pickups or special pickup requests, must be handled by Waste Connections directly at 316-838-4920.
Household Hazardous Waste
If you have household hazardous waste items to dispose of (paint, aerosols, batteries, used oil, gasoline, antifreeze, pesticides, herbicides, garden chemicals, household cleaners, fluorescent bulbs, propane, etc.), please visit the Sedgwick County website for more information.